Thursday, October 19, 2017

Listening Style Reflection

Part 1

  1. My result is Time-Oriented as 4, People-Oriented as 3, Action-Oriented as 2, and Content-Oriented as 1. 
  2. Yes. I scored myself as a Blue personality and the Time-Oriented listening style matches this color. Blue personalities are more anal and I think being Time-Oriented (cutting people off b/c of time limits) matches this.
  3. My entire family always say that I talk too loud for too long so they either zone out, ignore me, or yell at me to stop talking. So I'm a Time-Oriented person since they do the same thing to me. 
Part 2
  1. My bud Estrella filled out the test for me. She's been my bud for at least 4 years I think.
  2. They scored me as a 3 for Action-Oriented and a 2 for the other three categories.
  3. Yes this is very different from what I scored myself as. 
  4. I feel as if Action and Time listening styles are similar since both come off as anal listening styles. Such as "getting frustrated when people don't present their ideas orderly" and "I interrupt other in order to move on to the next subject". So i'm not surprised.
  5. It shows me i'm not personal/appreciative to everything everyone says.

No comments:

Post a Comment